Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Making Your Advertising Work

Advertising is a pain. We see so many advertisements everyday that the thought of adding to the congestion and information overload is nauseating. But, if no one knows you have something to benefit them, then you'll stay where you are -- business wise.

The trick is to somehow make advertising that doesn't look, feel or seem like advertising. That's counter-intuitive because of all the ads we see and figure we've got to be like them. But no one wants to be sold something. They want what you have and you just need to let them know how you can benefit them. Keep it simple.

It's not easy. So... I've decided to do something about this malaise you might find yourself in. I'm going to help you write your ad. Help you apply the principles.

Bring your ads to my office on Wednesday, June 9, at 6 PM. I'll have some food there so we won't starve. Bring a magazine that you like and we'll look at their ads and see which ones would be appropriate for you to emulate. I'll have some of my associates there who know how to write great ads and together we'll make an ad that will get you the business you need.

Just call my office at 801-228-1510 and ask for David Sefcik. He'll give you directions. I have to pay my guys so there will be a small fee. David will help you with that as well.

In preparation, begin making a thorough list of every way you or your product can help someone else. Even the most trivial sounding benefit might be used. This is all about letting someone get what they want and make their life better. In turn, you get what you want. Put them first.

See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment